I M M U N E S Y S T E M ;
the bodily system that protects the body from foreign substances, cells, and tissues by producing the immune response and that includes especially the thymus, spleen, lymph nodes, special deposits of lymphoid tissue (as in the gastrointestinal tract and bone marrow), macrophages, lymphocytes including the B cells and T cells, and antibodies
OUR BUILT IN DEFENCE . WE COME WITH IT AND WE HAVE THE ABILITY EVERYDAY, TO EITHER BUILD IT UP AND STRENGTHEN IT, OR TEAR IT DOWN AND WEAKEN IT.... CHOICE IS YOURS, IT ALWAYS IS.
I don't get to make your choices , or even tell you what you should do. That is none of my business. What I get to do is take care of ME, and share with those interested how and what I do.... so if you are interested in strengthening and building your immune health, stick around.
Our environment has a direct connection to our health. Where we live, what the pollution is like in our home town, our air and water quality. What kind of foods do we have access too, are we in mass traffic everyday or can we walk to work / school. Who do we spend time with, what kinds of activities do we take part in. Do we drink alcohol, do we smoke, do we take drugs, do we eat organic, do we eat factory raised hormone filled meats and dairy. Do we get outside regularly, do we laugh daily. Do we get adequate sleep, do we move our body often. Do we take in a lot of media, both social and news. Are we HAPPY?
All of these have direct connection to either building up or tearing down our Immune System, our internal built in, defence team. WE GET THIS JUST FOR EXISTING..... WHAT A GIFT, AND ALL WE NEED TO DO IS TAKE CARE OF IT.
Here are my simple , seriously you guys.... SIMPLE steps to living my healthiest life, and doing MY PART in caring for my immune system so that it can care for me.
(In no particular order)
- I sleep, on average 7.5 - 8 hours a night.
- I drink 3-4 Litres of water daily
- I don't drink alcohol
- I don't smoke or do drugs ( i promise you i'm still S U P E R FUN)
- I move my body EVERYDAY , even for just 15 minutes. Dancing, walking, yoga, HIIT...
- I get outside ( Yes I am super duper blessed to live on the west coast of Vancouver Island, but there is bits of nature everywhere, in every city... find your nearest park , or treed avenue)
- I eat organic as much as I can, and chose to eat produce that has been grown locally as much as I can - I am not perfect and this isn't always the case, but I try
- I don't eat factory meat ( I personally don't eat any animal products, other than fresh local farm eggs). On the topic of foods, I don't eat processed foods or fast food. I do my best to eat fresh foods that have not been sprayed with harmful chemicals, and have not been created in a processing factory, again minimizing ALL unknown toxins from entering my body
- I DIY all my home cleaners to remove harmful toxins - This is super easy and kinda fun. I use DoTERRA essential oils with some vinegar, water and or castile soap.....
- I surround myself with HIGH vibe people, humans who uplift and support my emotional, spiritual and professional growth.
- I eat medicinal mushrooms; Chaga, Turkey Tail, Reishi, Lions mane to name a few that you may be familiar with.
- I do my very best to manage stress as it rolls in. To meditate often, to talk about it with people who hold me accountable and guide me to step up and into life.
We are not in full control of what happens for us in life, and learning to roll with the waves of life is important. Having a healthy immune system sets us up to maintain a much stronger hold as we ride these waves. I realize that some of us are born with an immune disorder and have a different reality, and you still get to make the choice to build and uplift your system the best you can.
What goes into our bodies, both directly into our mouths and even onto ( and therefor) into our skin is feeding our organs our blood, our cell, tissues and immune system.
Feed it as you would someone you love dearly.
In health, light and love